- Sun block
- Sun hat
- Wetsuit. Full-length suits are essential for spring courses, and highly recommended at any time of year. If you don’t have one there are a few old ones available to borrow, and Nelson Watersports Ltd has a small stock of GUL Response suits, or can order in from NZsailing.com
- Waterproof / windproof jacket. This keeps the wind chill off, and is extremely important for watersports.
- Footwear for wearing in the water – wetsuit booties are ideal, old trainers/sandals would be fine. $10 warehouse slippers tend to fall off!
- Clothing that dries quickly and provides sun protection. Cotton T-shirts or shorts are not recommended
- 2 towels
- Thermals – lots of layers of poly-pro or merino
- Pen (Logbook if you have one! Lost ones can be replaced for $20)
- Lunch (if appropriate) and snacks
- Drink bottle
Nelson Watersports Ltd stocks a small selection of sailing gear such as wetsuits, booties, spray-tops, gloves, buoyancy aids etc… from GUL and Rooster through a relationship with NZ Sailing Ltd. Get in touch with Tim on 02102503767 if you have any questions.