Learn to windsurf with Nelson Yacht Club on the glistening, sheltered waters of the Nelson Haven!
After nearly a decade of operating in harmony, Nelson Yacht Club and Nelson Watersports have become one, with NYC absorbing the windsurfing and wingfoiling instruction and hire into our operations.
“Windsurfing is a fantastic sport, and given the right conditions, equipment and instruction it is extremely easy to learn. I’m confident that we can have you gliding across the water powered by nothing but the wind in a matter of minutes” says Tim Fraser-Harris, NYC Club Manager.
- Mondays – Wāhine only! (starting 1st November)
- Windsurfing group session – all levels.
- Tuesdays (starting 2nd November)
- Beginners / Learn to Windsurf Course.
- Wednesdays (starting 3rd November)
- Wind & Wings – Supervised hire / Club session.
- Sundays – Supervised Hire (starting 7th November) Please book!
Weekend course dates:
- 11th & 12th December – Beginner Windsurfing Course
- More dates to come 🙂 please get in touch
Please contact us on email@example.com if these dates/times don’t work and we’ll see what we can do.
PLEASE NOTE – All these dates are subject to change to meet demand and availability.
Learn to Windsurf Costs:
90 minute Taster :
- $60 based on a minimum of 2 people.
12hr group courses:
- $299 as a non-member
- $249 as an NYC member.
- $99/hr or $396 for 5hrs as a non-member
- $80/hr or $320 for 5hrs as an NYC member
2hr clinic / Drop-In Session
- $80 – Subject to availability
Windsurf / SUP hire rates
|Equipment Type||Members||Non-Members||10hr Card|
(subsequent consecutive hrs)
|SUP (Freedom rental)||$10/hr||$20/hr||$100|
NB. All hire must be supervised and is subject to the terms and conditions of hire