Steering the Course
Saturday 30th September 2023 – 11:00 – 16:00
This event is open to all women and girls within the club, and is a great chance to develop camaraderie, communication, and support networks within the club, and have a great time. We’d love to encourage all women and girls to come along. It could be that your son/daughter is involved with sailing school activities, and you’ve never been on the water yourself, it could be that you’re a regular at Saturday afternoon club racing, or you might be part of Foiling Fridays… come along and get to know other women & girls at the club.
It is also a chance for local wāhine to have a go at, or find out about, sailing, windsurfing or wingfoiling at the club. So, if you know someone who might be interested, forward them this email or let them know how to get involved!
Plans are, of course, a bit weather dependant. So far include:
- Fusion / 420 / Catamaran joyrides with an experienced skipper
- A chance for experienced sailors to try different classes – eg. ILCA 6 (Laser radial), Europe
- Wingfoiling Expo
- Patrol boat driving
- We’ll have lots of information on how to get involved if you’re not already.
- A clothing and sailing gear ‘Buy, Sell, Swap’ event.
- NZSailing are sending down some women & girls specific gear on sale or return to have a look at!
- A welcome home to the Nelson College for Girls Team Racing Team, returning from the Interdominions in Sydney.
- There are even rumours of coffee & cake!
Register your interest below 🙂