These short, sharp races in front of the club are great fun, and perfect for people’s first go at racing. If you can sail around a triangular course in the prevailing conditions, then you can join in!
- 6 week series’ in Spring and Summer.
- 3-4 short races per evening
- Aimed at Lasers, Europes, Zephyrs, Topaz Uno* & RS Feva*
- 3,2,1 Starts – aiming for short, multi-lap races
- 1 Club Coach/Instructor as RO
- 2 sailors each week to crew a second patrol boat.
- $20 entry fee for the series.
- Briefing at ~6.15pm
- On the water for a 6.30pm start, approx 7.30pm finish.
- Post sailing social at the club!
*The club’s 6 Topaz Uno Hire, 3 RS Feva and the Omega are available to charter for the racing – Equipment Hire Rates
Boats are on a first-come-first-served basis, so if you’d like to secure a boat for the series, you can pay for 5 weeks and get the 6th week free. Please do let us know if you are not coming as we can make the boat available to others.
We love to see sailors coming out of the woodwork and getting back into small boats. If you haven’t got a boat, challenge a mate, book a couple of the club Topaz and get amongst it – It really doesn’t matter what type of boat you are sailing as long as there are other boats of the same type to compete against!